Best Infrared Saunas of 2019 Reviewed!
A Complete Guide
to Finding the Perfect Infrared Sauna for Your Home
Top 5 Infrared Saunas of the Year!
If you’re looking for something that will make you go from “blah” to “ahh,” consider purchasing an infrared sauna for your home.
You don’t need to save up for a trip to a spa to enjoy a nice sauna, and you don’t even have to worry about breaking the bank to make one a fixture in your home.
Infrared saunas are a great alternative to traditional steam saunas because they tend to cost thousands of dollars less, and can actually provide you with more health benefits than a traditional sauna. Take a look below to learn more about the various benefits of sauna use, as well as tips on choosing the perfect infrared sauna for your home.
Our Top Choices if You’re in a Rush
Only have a few minutes to spare? Check out our top picks when it comes to the best overall infrared sauna, best far infrared sauna, and best 2-person sauna!
Top Overall Choice
When it comes to finding a sauna that is beautiful both in looks and performance, you can’t go wrong with this 2-person infrared sauna from JNH Lifestyles.
Here’s a snapshot of what makes this sauna so great:
- ETL-approved carbon heaters for the absolute best performance
- Gorgeous Canadian Hemlock wood, which is both non-toxic and FSC certified
- Excellent visibility
- Fits easily into tight spaces
- Easy to install and break down
Top Far Option
Dynamic Saunas Barcelona
1-2 person Far
Proving that good — and soothing — things come in small packages is this 1-2 person far infrared sauna from Dynamic. In this guide, we’ll be going through a bevy of far infrared saunas, so what makes this one the best of the best?
- Retains more heat and uses LESS energy
- Easy installation
- Great addition to your home basement or garage
Top 2-Person Choice
2-Person Hemlock Deluxe
Radiant is right! This stunning 2-person infrared sauna is quite the sight to behold. Along with its great looks, the sauna also is ready to make you feel spectacular. A few great features include:
- Heats up quickly and provides steady heat, with a max temperature of 141 degrees Fahrenheit
- Built to last
- An infrared color therapy light augments therapeutic benefits of sauna treatment
Health Benefits: Should I Get One?
Like massage, facials and hot tubs, saunas offer more than a luxurious experience. These forms of pampering are also considered holistic therapies that improve mind and body health.
According to various studies, the use of saunas can ameliorate certain health conditions, relieve stress and can even leave you with a fabulous complexion. Let’s delve deeper, shall we?
1. Helps the Body Fight Viruses and Infections
Along with apples, a sauna a day can potentially keep the doctor away. Saunas encourage perspiration, which is one of the body’s natural defense mechanisms against. Sweating rids the body of toxins. Detoxification is important in supporting your body’s immune system and preventing toxic overload..
And by turning up the heat, you are also killing tons of bacteria and viruses that cannot survive in temperatures above 98.6 degrees Fahren
2. Keeps Skin Clear and Beautiful
Did you used to shudder at the thought of summer temperatures and sweat clogging up your pores? ME TOO!
But in fact, the opposite is true when it comes to perspiring. Heat allows the pores to open and this makes it easy for sweat to carry dirt, grime and other bacteria out.
Sweat also produces dermcidin. Dermcidin is a natural antibiotic that can fend off dangerous invaders, including the germs that are part of tuberculosis. Now THAT really shows you how sweating brings the heat.
3. Stress Relief
Sitting back in a nice, steamy sauna is a great way to relieve stress and put your mind at ease. Relieving stress promotes good health, both physically and mentally. Stress relieves the hormone cortisol, which — over time — has been shown to increase anxiety, depression, the risk of cardiovascular disease and more.
Infrared vs Steam
Not all saunas are created equally. And when it comes to infrared and steam saunas, there are some critical differences you should know about before shopping.
1. Turn Up the Heat — But Not TOO Much
Sweating it out is good for you, so why not turn the heat up? Well, there can be certain caveats when getting hot leaves you hot and bothered.
Traditional steam saunas use temperatures as high as 195 degrees Fahrenheit. This level of heat can be uncomfortable for some, and can even be dangerous depending on an individual’s sensitivity to heat.
For those looking to use a sauna commercially, this caveat is important when shopping for the right sauna for your business. And if you are using a sauna for personal use, it’s important to keep your comfort — and the comfort of your guests — in mind.
Infrared saunas provide heat between 120 and 150 degrees Fahrenheit. This is still plenty hot and provides all the mental and physical benefits of a traditional steam sauna without putting you or your guests at risk.
2. Use Less Power
Because saunas operate at lower temperatures than traditional steam saunas, they also use less power, which can save you a pretty penny on your energy bills, depending on how often you plan to use your infrared sauna.
How to Choose The Perfect One For Your Home?
JNH Lifestyles 2-Person Indoor
Enjoy easing your mind and healing your body in style. This far infrared sauna doesn’t go far over the $1,000 mark while offering an optimal performance that will last for years and years.
- Safety first: The doors of this sauna have been specially designed with safety glass that allows you to see easily from within the sauna, while also providing better insulation than many comparable brands.
- A natural choice: The 100% top quality Canadian Hemlock Wood that makes up the cabin includes no added chemicals. The wood is also FSC Certified Wood, which means it is recyclable, making it better for the planet.
- Easy assembly: A tools-free design makes it extremely easy to set up, break down, and transport the sauna.
- A sauna with a soundtrack: A premium sound system comes equipped with two premium speakers, as well as an amplifier via a 3.5mm auxiliary plug. Any portable audio device can work with the sauna’s included volume rocker and on/off switch.
- LED lighting: Long lasting LED lights mean that you can enjoy this sauna for years and years. LED lights are also 50% more cost-efficient than standard light bulbs.
Crystal Sauna 4-5 Person Luxury
Yes, this sauna is more than a couple grand, but — considering the plethora of features — it is one of the best values we could find.
- 12 Carbon Fiber heaters comprise a wall-to-wall heating system that spans a total of 6,695 square inches.
- A bench that is 24 inches
- To give you and your guests the ultimate in luxury and satisfaction, this massive sauna comes equipped with a floor heater and backrests.
- Put your best foot forward: Flushed floor heaters keep your feet warm and luxuriated.
- The sauna comes equipped with both a CD player with AM/FM radio! It is easily accessible and you can also use an included remote control to flip between stations while relaxing.
- Aside from the healing benefits of heat, the sauna also comes equipped with seven color therapy lights you can adjust via remote control. The lights provide chromotherapy (also called color therapy), which encourages a state of equilibrium in the body, known as homeostasis.
- An oxygen ionizer keeps the air in the sauna fresh and clean by releasing ions into the air that kill odor and bacteria.
- Dimensions: 77 x 62 x 75 inches
- Weights: 600 lbs.
Radiant Saunas BSA6310 Rejuvenator Portable
If affordability is the name of the game, you can’t go wrong with this option from Radiant Saunas. Because this option is also portable, you can enjoy the healing benefits of an infrared sauna anywhere. And yes, this is a far infrared sauna, so you still get those deep, detoxification benefits without even going over $300!
- Comfort collar: The last thing you want to interrupt your relaxation is an itchy neck. Radiant Saunas has you covered. The padded, double-lined neck collar is the ultimate in comfort. This sauna also comes equipped with dual interior and exterior front compartment zippers for easy entrance and exit of the sauna.
- Don’t be fooled by the look of this portable sauna — the cabin construction is tough as nails. A moisture-resistant, satin polyester exterior is lock-stitched for strength and also boasts an aesthetically pleasing quilted look.
- The sauna’s hand-held control makes it easy to customize your experience. The control includes six automatic timer options, as well as five levels of preset heat temperature options. And to make things even more convenient, this remote fits easily into the sewin-in pockets at the front of the cabin. And speaking of pockets…
- The sauna comes with a large 6-inch by 5-inch pocket on right side. Along with your remote, you’ll have plenty of room to fit magazines and smartphones.
- Canvas seating: the chairs are constructed of tubular steel for strength and durability. A soft, supportive seat and back augment the comfort of your sauna experience.
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 28 x 38.1 inches
- Weight: 18 lbs.
Durherm Extra Large Sauna Low EMF Negative Ion Portable
I was tempted to list the Rejuvenator Portable Sauna as both the top budget-friendly and portable infrared sauna. The Rejuvenator and the Durherm share similar features that make them great choices. However, there are a few things about this extra large portable sauna from Durherm that makes it stand out from the rest.
- The extra large size is great for larger individuals who have difficult fitting in the standard size for portable saunas. It also prevents feelings of claustrophobia.
- Comes equipped with three heaters and one integrated foot pad, which can be controlled via remote control.
- The three heating panels are EMF-free and 200 to 600 times lower than other far infrared panels; this means the panels generate more heat and draw less energy than competing panels.
- This sauna is built to last. The materials increase the longevity of the sauna and also prevent wear and tear.
- Extremely easy to set up, fold and transport.
- Design allows you to easily read, watch TV or listen to music while enjoying your sauna experience.
- Dimensions: 31.5 x 33 x 44 inches
- Weight: 25 lbs.
JNH Lifestyles Joyous 1-Person
JOYOUS is right!
There’s no need to share your sumptuous experience with the Joyous 1-Person Far Infrared Sauna from JNH Lifestyles. Consider this your own little fortress of solitude.
Like many other high-end models from JNH, this sauna comes equipped with several luxurious and top-quality features.
- Provides the ultimate heating experience thanks to six quality carbon infrared heaters (located at the back, the calf, sides and legs).
- A digital control panel allows you to easily adjust the temperature and duration of your session.
- LED lights create a soothing ambience while also using 50% less energy than standard bulbs.
- In your own person refuge, play any of your favorite songs and truly sink into the experience thanks to two speakers and an auxiliary plug that matches any portable music device.
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 75 x 33.5 inches
- Weight: 200 lbs
Top 2-Person Pick
Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Deluxe
Escape the stresses of everyday life by yourself — OR with someone else! This gorgeous 2-person sauna boasts a solid construction, maximum heat therapy, as well as chromotherapy so that you can improve your health and enhance your overall wellness.
- Simple, intuitive controls allow you to adjust the sauna’s temperature and lighting in order to customize an experience that suits your needs.
- A high-quality oxygen ionizer keeps air clean and fresh, and allows you to breathe easy even when things get EXTRA hot.
- The solid Canadian hemlock construction boasts a gorgeous design as well as a sturdy build that ensures you can enjoy this unit for years to come.
- An easily accessible built-in music player comes with aux inputs, as well as a CD and radio player.
- Dimensions: 49 x 39 x 75 inches
- Weight: 354 lbs
Top 4-Person Pick
Radiant Saunas BSA1320
At over $2,000, this certainly isn’t cheap, but when you find out what this massive unit features, it’s going to seem like an absolute STEAL.
- A whopping 10 carbon heaters allow for maximum heat and a luxurious experience for you and your guests.
- Solid Canadian red cedar wood offers a beautiful aesthetic and solid construction.
- Want to let in some fresh air? NO PROBLEM! This unit comes equipped with adjustable roof vents.
- An electronic oxygen ionizer keeps air pure, clean and fresh.
- An electronic oxygen ionizer keeps air pure, clean and fresh.
- Bronze tinted tempered glass allows visibility while also creating more privacy.
- Includes easy-to-use interior and exterior LED control panels, plus seven chromotherapy systems.
- Dimensions: 59 x 59 x 75 inches
- Weight: 397 lbs
Final Verdict: Our Top Choice For Your Money
JNH Lifestyles 2-Person Indoor
Let me be honest — if cost was not a consideration for me (or for you), I would say that you need to go out and buy the Sunlighten mPulse Believe Infrared Basswood Home Sauna ASAP. As far as saunas go, this company truly goes above and beyond to give you an experience that is equal parts relaxing and healing.
But not many of us have $5,000 just lying around, so I’m going to give the coveted Top Choice For Your Money title to this 2-person indoor far infrared sauna from JNH.
At just a little over $1,050, you are going to bring home a gorgeous and effective unit. The construction is safe, gorgeous and sturdy, so you can look forward to years of relaxation in this sauna. And when it comes to wellness, this sauna is going to deliver you with technology that is designed to put your mind at ease, while also improving or preventing a variety of health conditions.
An investment in a sauna is about much more than pampering — it’s about improving your quality of life. Happy healing!